Competition & Rules
The details of the mission elements are covered in the PDF document blow. For any questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of IMAV2016 competition is to explore the applications of micro air vehicles (MAVs) in civil applications,
such as disaster response and firefighting scenarios. The main theme of IMAV2016 is ‘search and rescue’ on an off-shore oil rig.
The competition simulates an accident happened in the rig, causing fire to the platform and result in people falling into the water.
A team of MAV experts is to perform search and rescue missions based on the above scenarios.
IMAV2016 Competition Demonstration
Outdoor Competition: equipped with multiple MAVs, the search and rescue team approaches the accident site. The team needs to perform the following missions in one or multiple trials:
1. Take off from a moving and rocking platform.
2. Do a fast mapping of the accident area to evaluate the whole situation and then find designated targets, such as the location of the people in the water.
3. Deliver lifebuoy to the person’s vicinity.
4. Sample water around the oil rig and then release the water into a specified water container.
5. Landing on the same moving and rocking platform.
Indoor Competition: the team needs to enter a building in the drilling platform to move some important objects to safe locations. The main mission elements are designed as follows:
1. Taking off from a moving platform
2. Entering the building via different entrances: doorway, chimney or window.
3. Pickup objects and release them to the correct locations.
4. Exiting the building.
5. Landing on the moving platform.
6. Mapping of the indoor environments.